Thursday June 8th, 2017
The MAAS team is happy to announce the introduction of development summaries. We hope this helps to keep our community engaged and informed about the work the team is doing. We’ll cover important announcements, work-in-progress for the next release of MAAS, and bugs fixed in released MAAS versions.
With the MAAS 2.2 release out of the door, we are happy to announce that:
- MAAS 2.3 is now opened for development.
- MAAS is moving to GIT in Launchpad – In the coming weeks, MAAS source will now be hosted under a GIT repository in Launchpad, once we complete the work of updating all our internal processes (e.g. CI, Landers, etc).
MAAS 2.3 (current development release)
With the team now focusing efforts on the new development release, MAAS 2.3, the team has been working on the following features and improvements:
- Started adding support for Django 1.11 – MAAS will continue to be backward compatible with Django 1.8.
- Adding support for ‘upstream’ proxy – MAAS deployed machines will continue to use MAAS’ internal proxy, while allowing MAAS ‘ proxy to communicate with an upstream proxy.
- Started adding network beaconing – New feature to support better network (subnet’s, vlans) discovery and allow fabric deduplication.
With the continuous improvement of the new MAAS Python Library (python-libmaas), we have focused our efforts on the following improvements the past week:
- Add support to be able to provide nested objects and object sets.
- Add support to be able to update any object accessible via the library.
- Add ability to read interfaces (nested) under Machines, Devices, Rack Controllers and Region Controllers.
- Add ability to read VLAN’s (nested) under Fabrics.
The following issues have been fixed and backported to MAAS 2.2 branch. This will be available in the next point release of MAAS 2.2 (2.2.1) in the coming weeks:
- Bug #1694767: RSD composition not setting local disk tags
- Bug #1694759: RSD Pod refresh shows ComposedNodeState is “Failed”
- Bug #1695083: Improve NTP IP address selection for MAAS DHCP clients.
IRC – Find as on #maas @ freenode.
ML – https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/maas-devel