Server Team 20110412 meeting minutesApril 12th, 2011 — roaksoax
Here are the minutes of the server team meeting. They can also be found online with the irc log here.
=== Meeting Actions ====
- No actions.
==== Review ACTION points from previous meeting ====
- Daviey to submit UDS-O topic for translations and docs
- Talked to David P. about it and agreed to participate in the UDS-O session.
- jamespage to helpout with verification of euca-dhcp bug
- jamespage to discover process/location for fixing ubuntu server documentation
- Docs up to date: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ServerTeam/KnowledgeBase#Documentor resources
==== Natty Development ====
Focus is now on bug fixing rather than development.
- robbiew: any remaining work items should be universe related or non-code
- SpampS mentioned a few items are remaining:
==== Ubuntu Server Team Events ====
- SpamapS: Apr. 13,14 I will be at the MySQL Users’ Conference in Santa Clara, CA
- jamespage: I’ll be attending puppet camp europe on the 28/29 April in Amsterdam
- zul: Apr 25 – 29 I will be at the Openstack summit, Santa Clara, CA
==== Weekly Updates & Questions for the QA Team (hggdh) ====
- initial ISO tests via jenkins are all done, with success except for ec2.
- Proposed to discuss jenkins usage on UDS.
==== Weekly Updates & Questions for the Kernel Team (smb) ====
- Launchpad bug 751253 in linux (Ubuntu) “Many interrupts and slow disk I/O on Lucid xen guest” [Undecided,New] https://launchpad.net/bugs/751253
- <smb> thinks really that sounds a bit like maybe xen version or actually a lot of traffic as that machine had 500GB going out in 5 days
==== Weekly Updates & Questions for the Documentation Team (sommer) ====
- Not present
- SpampS suggested to select someone else to drive the team.
- RoAkSoAx suggested to remote the item from the Agenda until replacement is found.
==== Weekly Updates & Questions from the Ubuntu Community ====
- kim0: Will be running a weekly community IRC meeting for the Ensemble team. This will be run in #ubuntu-cloud starting tomorrow at 6pm-UTC, it will be merged with the older community meeting. Everyone attending this meeting is a good candidate to attend tomorrow’s
- That meeting will provide a high level overview of development in the Ensemble world since last meeting/week.
- Writing an announcement on http://cloud.ubuntu.com/ right now, which I’ll mirror on planet, and everyone is encouraged to spread/tweet…etc
==== Open Discussion ====
- kirkland throwing a release party: http://blog.dustinkirkland.com/2011/04/austins-natty-release-party.html
==== Announce next meeting date and time ====
- Tuesday, April 19th 2011 16:00 UTC