GSoC Update of the Week: Testdrive PyGTK Front-endJune 14th, 2010 — roaksoax
Unfortunately, last week I was unable to provide an update due to I was busy with personal stuff. Anyways this weeks update brings new things to TestDrive and TestDrive PyGTK Front-end.
A new version was released around a week ago with the following features:
- Support for different Ubuntu Flavors of the current Development Release daily ISO. These flavors are ubuntu (default and includes Ubuntu Server and Ubuntu Netbook) – kubuntu (Includes Kubuntu Netbook) – xubuntu – edubuntu – mythbuntu – ubuntustudio. To change flavor, you can either edit the config file to set the default or do the following:
testdrive --flavor kubuntu
testdrive --flavor edubuntu
- Support for older Ubuntu Releases which ISO’s are in http://cdimage.ubuntu.com (Currently Hardy, Lucid DVD, and Maverick of course). However in the future it will support ISO’s that are located at https://releases.ubuntu.com
testdrive --release hardy
testdrive --release lucid
The latest release is in Maverick repo’s, however, for those who are running lucid and want to try it out, you can find it at TestDrive’s PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:testdrive/ppa
- The PyGTK Front-end already had support for Different Ubuntu Flavors.
- It now also supports older Ubuntu Releases by setting them on the preferences.
New features that are currently on work:
- Preferences dialog that will allow to manipulate TestDrive’s PyGTK Preferences from the dialogs seen as follows:
In the next few weeks, the work will be concentrated on:
- A demo of TestDrive PyGTK Front-end will be packaged and released later this week.
- Finish the work on the Preferences Dialog.
- Support for launching multiple TestDrives at the same time using python threads.
- Improve the UI
If you would like to see other sketches and keep track of the project, please refer to the following:
- Wikipage: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TestdriveFrontend
- Blueprint: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/desktop-maverick-testdrive-frontend-gsoc
- Testing: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TestdriveFrontend/Testing
You can also find me (RoAkSoAx) and my mentor (Dustin Kirkland – kirkland) on IRC at:
- IRC Channel: #testdrive