GSoC Update of the Week – Testdrive PyGTK Front-endMay 24th, 2010 — roaksoax
As part of this years GSoC2010, I’ll be working on getting a PyGTK Front-end for Testdrive. The work to be done is separated in three main phases.
- The first phase is to modularize testdrive to be able to reuse the code for the front-ends.
- The second phase is to actually implement a first PyGTK front-end for testdrive, providing the same functionality as it testdrive does.
- The third step, is to implement some new features.
Phase 1, has already been completed, because I actually started working in modularizing Testdrive over a month ago. Phase 2, is now in progress and starting soon, i’ll launch it periodically for testing purposes. Phase 3, will begin as soon as phase 2 is completed.
Some of the features that will be implemented were discussed during the Session we had at the last UDS. During the last UDS we not only discussed desired features, but also I prepared some UI sketches. Right now, after a couple days on working on it and getting familiarized with PyGTK, Testdrive Front-end looks like this:
If someone from the Desktop Team/Design Team has suggestions, please do so. They are very much appreciated. If you would like to see other sketches and keep track of the project, please refer to the following:
- Wikipage: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TestdriveFrontend
- Blueprint: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/testdrive/+spec/desktop-maverick-testdrive-frontend-gsoc
- Testing: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TestdriveFrontend/Testing
You can also find me (RoAkSoAx) and my mentor (Dustin Kirkland – kirkland) on IRC at:
- IRC Channel: #testdrive
If you have any other suggestions, please do so .